Study 2 focuses on the privileged actors, promoters and actors in tourism who hold relevant information both in terms of specialized knowledge and in terms of understanding the state of tourism trends in the tourism sector as a whole. The consultation of the main stakeholders (political decision-makers, tourism institutions, hotel directors, travel agents, guides, businessmen, museums, restaurants, etc.) requires a qualitative methodology. will be dealt with on the basis of an analysis of content and the creation of comprehensive / interpretive categories capable of providing us with material that can not be accessed by other means.
Specific objectives of Study 2:
– Inquire agents, operators in the tourism sector, hotel agents, animation agents and government entities on the specifics of the senior tourism segment.
– Know the habits, routines, practices and appetences of senior visitors in the Azores destination.
– Understand the type of requests that may provide information for the development of specific cultural programs as a product for senior tourism.
– Check the potential and opportunities of the natural environment and the cultural resources of the Azores destination.
– Conduct a SWOT analysis, in the provision of services and activities to the senior tourism segment.